Posted to rec.woodworking
martin

Default Advantages of infill planes?

Infills have heft,tight mouths,easy to adjust,and a pleasure to use,stanley
came out with the 4 1/2 to compete with the infills more heft,all in all the
4 1/2 is a very popular plane but really not comparable with an infill.if
your really into planes you must have a smoothing infill.
"wilbur" wrote in message
I've been doing a lot of learning about hand planes recently, and was
interested to see the differences between metal bodied and wooden
planes.

Then I read about infill planes. They look really nice, but can anyone
tell me if there is a functional advantage of having the wooden infil
vs. a regular metal bodied plane?