Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Trevor Jones

Default Airgun plans?

Trevor Jones wrote:

http://www.bryanandac.com/new_page_10.htm

http://www.hegmans.de/theo/neu_1.htm

There's a couple sites for inspiration, if not any actual plans. have
been interested in airguns for a very long time, and plans seem to be
almost nonexistant.

There are a couple forums out there that have a lot of knowlegable
scratch builders. The one on Delphi under the name of BullDurham is
probably the best that I know of. Do a google for fun supply forum or
try yellowforum.com and pull down the menu at the top of the page.

The only set of actual plans that I am aware of is a book published in
Britain with the title Building a Modern Airgun or something simlar to
that, that covers the complete build of a pre charged pneumatic (PCP)
airgun. I did a ggogle search and was unable to find it right off, but
IIRC it was mentioned in the gunsmithing forum on the chaski forums a
while back.

There are a couple other books out there that detail the building of
Girandoni replicas, and air canes, but they are more along the lines of
historical replicas than a modern airgun.

Cheers
Trevor Jones

Awright. Not the Chaski forums, but practicalmachinist.com, where I
found....
quote
If you are interested in building a pneumatic airgun, the book you want
to get is "The Modern Pneumatic Airgun" by H.M. Buckley. It is
self-published in the UK and very hard to come by in the states. I
ordered my copy from , which takes credit card
orders from the USA. I haven't started on the project, but the book is
almost 200 pages of high quality, detailed instructions and drawings.
unquote

Cheers
Trevor Jones