Larry Jaques

Default Alternatives to an RF30 - help needed

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:56:25 GMT, "Peter Grey"
brought forth from the murky depths:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
Why would you? It's adjustable for different height workpieces.

I was asking since the spindle to table distance seemed so short (11.2") on
the Penn Tool mill. I had figured that one could always just lower the knee
if one needed more clearance, and I figured that doing that would get more
than 11 inches, so I wondered if there was some "rule" against operating the
mill with the knee not elevated fully.

The "max spindle to table" height is determined with the knee
all the way down. That's where they get the "max", KWIM,V?

("KWIM,V?" is short for "KnowwhatImean,Vern" in case you wondered.)

* Scattered Showers My Ass! * Insightful Advertising Copy
* --Noah * http://www.diversify.com