Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

Default christ!!

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 10:02:26 +0000, The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

It would seem my local DIY shop(large shop but not a shed) is cheaper than
screwfix on a considerable amount of items.
Just been there to the screwfix branch and I never even purchased one item
as I called into my local DIY yesterday to tot up some prices before
visiting SF today.

1 item was way too dear in SF an outside brasstap and backplate comes to
8.75GBP and my local DIY 4.85GBP

As local DIY blokey commented...Nah competion man.

Uh? I'm pretty up on the prices of things and generally the s/fix stuff is
fairly reasonable. Even if s/fix were a _little_ more it would still
justify it's use on grounds of time saved.

BTW the s/fix tap with wall plate elbow is 2.03+0.93

Even the Pegler tap is only a fiver.