Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen

Default Low energy lamps in security lights

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 19:06:05 +0100 someone who may be "Jason"
wrote this:-

Does anyone know where I can get some that ARE suitable for use with PIR
switches?

For such things instant startup is desirable. Dusk to dawn lights
are an alternative.

- The highest power candle bulb replacements I've seen are 7w (Screwfix and
Toolstation). They're apparently equivalent to 40w. Does anyone know where
I can get 11w ones, or are the 7w ones alright?

Alright for what? Answers depend on your circumstances and opinions.

Finally, are there effective (and reasonably priced) R50 SES replacements
available,

Yes they are available. For example B&Q sell them for about £10. I
think this reasonable, others may not.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh