Posted to alt.home.repair
Lena

Default Anyone care to comment on battery-powered lawn mowers?

Walt wrote:
If you are considering a Black a Decker cordless mower, sometimes you
can buy Factory Refurbished at a B and D store. A friend bought one,
his is a refurbished and has had no problems, comes with same warranty
as a new one.

Exactly what I did two years ago, paid $210. Looked like it was never
out of the box. It definitely had never been used to cut grass. I
think the batteries are now having problems holding enough charge to
perform as specified (cuts 6000 sq. ft. on a charge) but still adequate
to cut my 3000 sq. ft. lawn. I'm wondering if a pair of motorcycle
batteries of the approximately same dimensions would work ($20 to $30
each) rather than the $125 that others quoted for replacement.

Lena