Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman

Default Airgun plans?

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 07:39:50 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Anyone got a source for plans for making your own air rifle? Id like
to machine one. Just about any type. Think it would be a fun project.

Something run or charged from CO2 welding tank might be fun.

I'm contemplating a *low energy* golfball cannon suitable for
decimating squirrel nests in a residential neighborhood. No plans
yet. There's a clear field of fire for a good 300 feet to the south,
with a 20' freeway sound wall behind it. I'm thinking max
altitude of maybe 200 feet, which is about 10 joules of muzzle energy
with a golfball.

DIL Sherri would probably use an AA12 FA shotgun if she had access
to one -- she's that mad at the treerats. SIL is a more temperate
voice.....