Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default Hole Cutter?

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 14:57:35 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
Buddy came by today with a piece of 1/4" diamond plate aluminum he is
making a dashboard for his boat out of. He had come by a couple weeks
ago, and roughed it out on my WT bandsaw, and now needed to cut the
holes for the gauges, Tach etc. They were all bigger than normal
sizes..so had no hole saws big enough. I tried a decent wood type

snip

I've made big one-shot hole saws with a hardwood or plywood disk and band
saw stock screwed on the perimeter and a 1/2" commercial arbor. I can't see
why your cutter didn't work, you must have ****ed it up somehow...rethink

Indeed..I screwed the pooch somewhere.

it. Did you get the software running? Tricky huh?

Not yet..Im on the road 4-5 days a week..and have been up to my ass in
alligators. Ill try the install later today or tommorow with luck.

Ive spent the last couple weekends going through the boxes of Stuff
and tossing things in the dumpster. Hated like hell tossing some of
that stuff..trying to decide what to keep..what to toss.

Ive posted repeatedly that it was open season on my Stacks O
Stuff..but no one was interested..so tossing all those good bearings
and rollers and electronics and PLCs sorta made me cringe..Still got
about another 5000 lbs to go through.

I really need to get some order out back..and unbury and move the
van..which is filled with computer equipment. Ive got about 5 trailer
loads of lumber stored at a friends shop in So. Cal..and want to build
a couple more outbuildings with it..but have no place to put it. I
serviced the 4 Lodestar hoists..painted and primped the one Im
keeping, appear to have sold one to a poster in Texas..need to crate
and ship it...and figure out what to do with the 4 perfectly good
Fairbanks platform scales sitting under my gantry. Ill off therm to
the local can recyclers. Shrug..too much to do while the weather is
reasonable, but the rain over the last couple months has been an
issue.

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism.
As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural
patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief
in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist