Owain

Default Top vs Bottom posting

"Suz" wrote
| "Owain" wrote [about not trimming quoted text]
| It also results in a lot of irrelevant text to be worked through by
people
| using voice synthesis or tactile braille output, which is slower than
| sighted reading.
| This may not be correct, but surely very few blind people would be reading
| through a DIY newsgroup. I may be entirely wrong, but a blind programmer
| worked with once told me that it was one of the minor plus points - not
| having to do DIY for SWMBO.

I recall a blind carpenter being interviewed on the radio once, so you might
be surprised what some visually-impaired people get up to.

And there are plenty of enquiries from people on the group who want advice
about something even if they are intending getting a tradesperson in to do
some or all of the work, and this might be very useful to a VI person.

Owain