Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.invest.real-estate,misc.consumers

Default After Pushing Up Prices, Investors Are Left Holding Too Many Homes - Wash. Post

Doug Kanter wrote:
big snip

To some extent, WE can have an effect. But unfortunately, that requires
effort and behavioral changes, which some meat heads intperpret as someone
trying to control them. Oh boy....imagine if our grandparents felt that way
when victory gardens were suggested during WWII.

You sell us too short, I believe. During WWII FDR had something called
"Fireside Chats," and I believe he asked the American people to
sacrifice, and, with that leadership, as you say, they did.

Recently, however, I seem to recall the threat of some terror group
posed at Wall Street, and the leadership repeatedly said to "keep
shopping." If we are repeatedly asked to do nothing special, make no
sacrifice, and we faithfully carry these instructions out, aren't we
then, today, every bit as valiant as our grandparents, who also did
what they were asked to?