Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

Default Electrical wiring help...

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:40:20 -0700, "SQLit" wrote:

"ctd4x4" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a wholehouse ventilator, which is a 36" fan that sucks cool air
through the windows and pushes the hot air in the house and attic out
the soffit vents. Much cheaper than running the A/C. Here's the
problem.

I recently had a contract working near it doing some drywall work. All
he was doing was feathering in some mud and texturing.

Before he was here, it worked. Now it doesn't.

When I turn the power knob, I can hear what I perceive to be an
electrical current going to the motor. I'm pretty sure there's juice
there.

I just can figure out why the motor won't turn?

Any ideas at all?

Thanks.

YOU CAN HEAR the electricity?

Maybe it's the motor trying to run. Sometimes motors'll start if
pushed a little by hand.

Better man than me Charlie Brown. I use a voltage tester.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com