Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Default Splicing direct-bury cable

One common situation I've had is replacing broken or rotten residential lamp
posts. Invariably the existing uf feeder gets destroyed in digging out the
old post. I use these wirenuts in the ground to splice on a new length of
cable to feed into the new post. I've had occasion to replace the new posts
as well, or adding a second fixture in some instances

"jackson" wrote in message

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
news
No problems with ground faults. These are large nuts filled with some
type of silicone, which even after years doesn't break down, and prevents
water entry

wrote in message
news
On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 07:47:55 -0400, "RBM" rbm2(remove
wrote:

I've been using them for about ten years. I've never had a failure. You
do
tape the area where you've removed the UF jacket. I've dug up splices
several years old to find them in perfect condition.

Just curious- why did you dig them up again if they didn't fail?

Will they hold a GFCI? If so they work.