Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Phillipson

Default Water keeps overflowing in washer

"Boothbay" wrote in message
ups.com...

I have a brand new washer...at times when it drains after a spin or
whatever, water overflows on to the basement floor. I have an "L" shape
drain pipe that was there before I bought the house. The hose is cupped
into the opening where its suppose to drain, which is connected to my
main drain. Had plumber clean out the pipes this past summer. I was
there and he did an excellent job that I rewarded him with a small
bonus, that's how satified I was in his effort. Is it too much soap,
too much water, too little water...I keep getting conflicting
statements from relatives and neighbors. Now, i have a 5 gallon pail
just under the pipe in order for it too catch the overflow, but it
completely overflows the pail too. I do have a basement drain in the
concrete floor close by, should I just let it drain that way? I know it

No: this is a brand new washer so call the
vendors immediately and have them replace
it. (There is probably some assembly defect,
e.g. a part fitted backwards. Since the washer
otherwise functions OK, it might be hard for a
repairman to spot. But you paid for a new washer
in good running order.)

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs