Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Roots in sewer line?

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 12:18:39 GMT, "ameijers"
wrote:

wrote in message

Is it your sewer line or the city sewer line? My city will come to my
house twice a year and clean out the roots free.

BTDT, and IMHO it falls in the Life Is Too Damn Short category. Replace the
line with plastic all the way to the street or septic, and never have to
worry about it again. Added bonus, it is a BIG plus at resale time, to any
potential buyer who has ever had a failed line at a previous house. Yeah,
expensive, but what is YOUR time worth dealing with it whenever it starts
failing?

In my case, the city would never let me dig up the sewer line, or any
part of the sidewalk or street.g