Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Jumping a single porchlight switch from a 2 way hall switch

On 21 Apr 2006 19:10:01 -0700, "whosthat"
wrote:

you got it wrong... the extra white wire is going to the hole behind
the white ( neg or return wire ) on the single switch. I was refering

Do you mean a hole in the box or a hole in the switch? Well, it
doesn't really matter, because what is really important is, Are you
saying there are two white wires connected to the single switch?
Perchance one via a screw and one that just pushes in? Where is the
other end of the extra white wire? And what makes it extra if it is
connected to something? And what single switch are you talking about.
I thought you had not yet installed either single switch.

Well, these are rhetorical. I'm no smarter than Jeff and RBM and if
they aren't ready to help more, than neither am I.

to the white as neg, only because I was replying to someone who said to
do that.

Jeff? Jeff said the opposite, to use neutral and hot, rather than
positive or negative or return. He pointed out that it was AC current
so those terms don't really apply.

the white returns the power to the source... unless it is
used in a 2 or 3 way as a hot wire, in that case, it is to be wrapped
with a tab of black electrical tape to designate (or mark) it as such.
Can we get past the simple stuff, and give up an answer , as to how
this needs to be wired?