Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,rec.video.desktop,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair
Andre Majorel

Default Can one "overclock" a CRT monitor's video input bandwidth? Need slightly higher refresh rate than my existng CRT allows...

On 2006-04-21, Ken Moiarty wrote:

"overclocking of my existing CRT monitor" idea. One monitor model
I'm thinking at the moment of possibly getting is a "22" (20" viewable)
iiyama HM204DT. It's video input bandwidth is 390 MHz. Displays 1280 x 1024
at 133 Hz... MSP: $699 USD.

Think carefully before buying an Iiyama 22" CRT monitor. I've
owned the A201HT and the HA202-DT and a colleague has a
something-203-something. All three are somewhat blurry at
1600 x 1200 due to convergence problems. I was unable to correct
this through the OSD.

Their 19" CRT monitors are OK. Their 22" CRT monitors look good
on paper (good specs for the money) but your eyes might not like
them.

hardware.fr recently tested three CRT monitors : the Philips
109B60 (19"), ViewSonic P227FB (21") and Iiyama MA203DT (22").
They found the same thing I did ; the Iiyama is blurry. They
recommended the ViewSonic.

http://www.hardware.fr/articles/613-...ratif-crt.html
http://www.behardware.com/articles/6...rt-survey.html

--