Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave

Default Inverter Repair. Still blowing fuses..

"Michael Kennedy" wrote in message
Okay.. I found where I had a short.. My output cap was shorting to
something. I cut the lead off shorter and I no longer have a short and
have stopped blowing fuses... Yey!

I think I may have the wrong value zener. The inverter comes on for a
split second and turns back off. Both Lamps are working now... well at
least they are comming on for a split second..

What now? This is the zener I replaced with a 1N5237b738 (supposedly a
8.2v zener)
http://mikescomputers.homeip.net/LCD/zd2.jpg
Someone told me that this was a 8v2 zener in another post titled SMT Diode
Identification

- Mike

Does it come on long enough for you to take some voltage measurements on the
good side and start comparing with the bad side? Also some scope traces on
the primary of the transformer would help. That should help you figure out
if the replacement zener is correct.

Another place to start is with the feedback circuit. Make sure the proper
voltage is coming back to the controller chip. If you trace the low side of
the ccfl plug (not the line with the output cap) you'll see that the low
side hits a few small diodes, resistors and caps. Eventually it will end up
at one pin of the controller chip. That line has to have a certain voltage
on it to tell the controller chip to stay on. If the voltage back to that
line is not right the controller shuts the inverter down after a second or
two.

Dave