Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
wayne mak

Default Old engines vs new

Have to agree here diesel computer controls are dam good today, the after
market chips/sensors that bolt onto modern truck diesels will pump up the
power of stock trucks alot. You can get some BIG power gains with
chips/sensor upgrades. This is common on the smaller trucks but I am sure
the larger trucks are using tight controls also, all in an effort to save
fuel. 1 MPG gain would mean a **** load of money to a big fleet.
"JR North" wrote in message
.. .
A newer computerized diesel will have better fuel metering and atomization.
Also, tighter injection timing. Not to mention better engineering of the
engine mechanicals, better balancing, etc.
No mystery.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

wrote:

Why does an older enginr(class 8 diesel) vibrate more than
a new(newer) motor, same manufacturer?

i.e. what changes are happening as an engine ages/wears
that increases vibration/shake?

thanks gary

Home Page:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth