Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Default Dry lining, thermal properties?

Hugo Nebula wrote:
On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:55:29 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named
"Donwill" popple @diddle .dot randomly hit the keyboard and
produced:

An external wall in an extension I'm building is specified as 0.34U value,
made up as follows:-
Externally rendered 100mm dense concrete blockwork.
80mm cavity part-filled with 40mm Kingspan TW50.
Inner leaf 100mm thermalite block.
Drylined internally with 9.5mm plasterboard and skim.

What will be the thermal effect of leaving out the drylining, and by how
much will the U value be changed.Will the building inspector be interested?

The wall construction will certainly give the maximum required U-value
of 0.35W/mēK without the dot-&-dab. I would have thought it would
give a lot less.

I think you mean minimum.