Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Main

Default How to setup a 3-phase 240V to 480V transformer?

Thanks to all for writing in and helping. I've been working tons of
overtime hours and so I had to wait for the weekend to look at the
motor.

I looked at the wire diagram on the motor and it's exactly as Eric
stated. I only see lables for wires 1, 2 & 3 from my motor and so I'm
going to try and figure out which wire number belong to the others.

The motor has the following listed on another plate:

Star Kimble
5 HP Constant Duty
60 Hz
13.4/6.7A
220/440V
1690 RPM
254 Type/Frame

Let me know if you need any other information. I've taken some
pictures but I misplaced my cord to load them into my computer. I'll
find it and load them for you to see close-ups of stuff.

Thanks again to all for your help.