Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Philips 28" telly repair

Doki wrote:

My Dad's TV, a Philips 6315 (IIRC, 28" Widescreen), has packed up. I
think it's something to do with the degaussing circuit as the screen has
occasionally flashed up red when turning on, and the colours have drifted
whilst watching as if the deguasser isn't working properly. Turning the
TV on and off has sorted the problem, but now the TV won't turn on. The
problem is, we can't find anyone who'll repair a telly. Does anyone know
one round North Derbys / South Yorks / North Notts? Any ideas on whether
it'll be cheap or dear would be handy, as it could be new telly time if
shops charge a ridiculous amount to look the tv over.

Slap it HARD with your hand, if this fails, trash it. Unless its worth
over 400 quid repairs are likely to be cost ineffective.

Been there done that. The casing's too flimsy to make hitting it shake the
innards.

Doki,

There's a TV repair place in Thurcroft, run by my Uncles brother who
successfully repaired my parents dead Toshiba which I've been using for
the past few months.

Not sure of the name or address, apparently it's behind an estate
agents on the main road in Thurcroft. Send me an email to: ng at
joelwr dot plus dot com and I'll get the phone number and address for
you.