Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Road Trip: 1820s style (with Metal Content, too!)

Dan Jones wrote:
I'm transcribing a hand-written travel journal detailing a road trip
from London to Scotland in 1820.

There are a few paragraphs about a visit to the Carron Iron works - the
bottom of http://home.twcny.rr.com/dcjones/Sco...ly-31-1820.htm
and the top of the next entry talk about the visit. Sadly, there are
no illustrations of the Iron works.

I'm trying to add an entry every day or so, if you're interested.

Dan

Hi Dan.I found this quite interesting as I live in the area mentioned.I
am currently working two miles from Niddrie castle and lived near
Galashiels and at Dalhousie while growing up.
regards Mark.