Posted to uk.d-i-y
tonyjeffs

Default Having replaced own water main...

Maybe that's it - they couldn't replace the last bit of lead service
pipe until the main pipe was modernised, but I think they should've
told me at the time, maybe in the paperwork.
I was just surprised, having lived the last 10 years under the
impression that our water supply system was lead free - I thought that
was the whole point. Y' think you're protecting your kids by getting
rid of ALL the lead. I bet most people would be surprised at that.
They filled the hole in pretty quick. I didn't see them replace the
last bit of lead, so I'll jus' presume they did to keep myself happy.

Cheers
Tony