Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Anyone care to comment on battery-powered lawn mowers?

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:56:58 GMT, "PipeDown"
wrote:

What I'd like to see is one that runs on both and when the battery will no
longer take a charge, it would still run on the cord thereby not forcing me
to get a new batterry or new mower.

Get one of those cars that run on both, and put a blade underneath it.

"mrsgator88" wrote in message
.net...
"46erjoe" wrote in message
I've been looking to buy a replacement for my old dog, and I've seen
these. But I still wonder if the technology is still a bit early.

Battery technology is pretty good these days in general. I've even seen a
robotic electric lawn mover, kinda like a roomba. I had a corded mower,
and if you add a battery I think the weight will be "comparable" to a gas
mower but not self propelled.

Electrics (battery or corded) are only for smaller yards, that may be the
biggest consideration. My corded mower was great when I lived in town.
But, I now have a house centered on a 90 x 175 lot and the trees and
bushes really get in the way of the cord. I reluctantly ended up going
gas.

Steve