The Natural Philosopher

Default Top vs Bottom posting

Suz wrote:

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
t...

No need. You'll never get a consensus on posting preferences. We each
like our own particular style, and everyone else's is considered bad.

Except that top posting is expressly forbidden by the group's charter. It
isn't a matter of personal preference with both sides being equal, but a
case of disregarding or obeying the rules.

Christian.

What group's charter? This is like being laughed at by snobs at a dinner
party for using the wrong fish knife.
I've only recently started using newsgroups and other than the fact that
most people bottom post, everything else has to be guessed at.
Chill out.

Quite right. On usenet, anything that doesn't get your account
suspended, goes.

Suz