Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anyone care to comment on battery-powered lawn mowers?

Have the Black/Decker CM1000, cost about $430. Three years old. Never a
problem.

Always starts on first pull LOL. Easy for the kids to operate, don't
have to change the oil, etc. I can get about an hour of mowing done if
the grass is dry and medium height.

If's really wet and tall, cut that time by half.

Only complaint is that it doesn't have the power of a good gas mower,
but then again, I'm not mowing bamboo. As another poster said, they are
a bit heavy.

Haven't needed a battery yet, but I heard the early models of this did
have some battery problems. I'm hoping that by 2003, when I bought
mine, that they had that sorted out....