Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

Default Steel brackets for making a carpenters workhorse / sawhorse / stool

That's fine if it works for you but, it will never sell in the US. American
construction crews generally make sawhorses on site and scrap them when they
are done. The stamped steel brackets available here take standard size wood
and are cheap enough to through away when the job is done. Might sell in the
UK but not here.

"B. A. Steel Brackets" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Hambone Slim

In practice we have found that 2x2 are fine for the legs and provides
great stability. Also we have used a thick weld that attaches the leg
bracket to the main plate. These have been used heavily and are as
sturdy as the day they were assembled.