Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
wayne mak

Default Machine Tools on ebay VS Craigslist

I just posted some tools to craigs, I do a good deal with ebay but those
fees add up

here my adds
http://www.motherearthrecycling.net/forsale/forsale.htm

"Ignoramus12493" wrote in message
On 21 Apr 2006 12:46:29 -0700,
wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but when I'm looking at machine tools (lathes &
mills specifically) on ebay & Craigslist, in general I'm seeing better
condition items and better prices on Craigslist.

My theory is that since Craigslist is a local listing service, and the
buyer is going to check it out in person, there is less opportunity for
the seller to mis-represent their goods.

Ebay listings on the other hand give the seller an opportunity to ship
goods that are often pieces of crap. I've been burned enough on ebay
to know what types of items to bid on and what to pass on.

If I was to describe what I see on craigslist I would say "overpriced
junk, unreasonable sellers". I am happy that your experience is
different. I rarely look at craigslist anymore.