Posted to uk.d-i-y
MikeT

Default Baxi Main 30 HE or Greenstar 28i Junior?

On April 21 2006, John Stumbles wrote:

Any installers help point me in the right direction please

I'd avoid the Baxi which sounds like an ancient cast-iron design with
a secondary heat exchanger bolted on, and go for the Worcester Bosch.
They do do combis with better hot water output but I wonder if a combi
is right
fro a 3-bed house (how many bathrooms and showers do you have?)

For a fuller discussion of these matters see Ed Sirett's "Choosing a
Boiler FAQ" http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/BoilerChoice.html

Ok, to me the Baxi sounded better with 2 exchangers, thats how little I
know. Thats after reading the faq!

2 adults and 2 kids in the house which is shortly to have no bath at all
in exchange for a shower cubical.

Thanks.