Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S

Default House layout software

Phil Anthropist wrote:

"Andrew Mawson" wrote:
We are planning a fairly large scale remodel of a house we hope to
buy.

Anyone any recommendations for (preferably shareware downloadable)
house / room layout software so basic sizes of rooms and their
contents can be visualised?

AWEM

http://www.roomarranger.com/

Phil

cite: "also runs on Linux with Windows emulator (like Wine) - only in
English language!"

Hmm - now I'm interested. Must give that a go.

Usually I use Cycas CAD (www.cycas.de) on Linux which is great for 2D work,
so floorplans. Claimed 3D abilities are painful though, as are the
limitations on textures (whole objects have texture, not surfaces, so hard
to paint same wall one colour in one room and a different colour in
adjoining room).

Cheers

Tim