Brian S Gray

Default Large mirrors

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 15:28:54 +0100, "Tim Johnson"
wrote:

Hey guys,

I'm keen on fitting a large mirror (2.4m by 1m'ish) to the back of my
bathroom inline with my soon-to-begin tiling job, but I'm not sure what the
best route is. The acrylic mirrors of this size are pretty cheap and
durable, but I hear they bend easily (giving a funhouse look), and need a
lot of screwing, which would look rather ugly. A standard glass mirror would
be very heavy on the wall, and has a risk of breaking when being fitted or
moved, and is more expensive.

Any tips on the best thing to do?

Cheers,
Tim

One solution, not necessarily the cheapest but at a predictable cost,
is to obtain the glass mirror on the basis of 'supply and install'! I
doubt if a professional would add much to the price because of the
risk of breakage as he would be used to handling glass. In any case,
have a look at some of the proprietary fittings sold with glass
mirrors to attach them to the wall using 'hidden fixing'. I was very
surprised when I looked into what was available for a 1 metre square
mirror for our new bathroom.