Matt Helliwell

Default Dust Extraction for small workshop

Andy Dingley wrote:
On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 20:08:14 +0100, Matt Helliwell
wrote:

Bit of a common topic I know but I could do with some specific
recommendations. I've got a small workshop (about 3mx4m) at the back of
the garden and I need to improve the dust extraction. Currently I've got
an old Vax which isn't up to the task.

Build it a cyclone
http://codesmiths.com/shed/workshop/cyclones.htm

Ooo, I never thought of that. I thought about making one for the pond
but decided not too in the end. I'll have to do a bit of experimenting.

As you clearly know more about the subject than me(!), can I use the 3"
dust extraction pipe work, blast gates etc. that Axminster sell.

Also, I don't think the dust would get in anybody's way either.

I've been known to make 10 bags of sawdust a day when thicknessing,
and a bag or two off the sawbench. That's too much just to dump out
the window.

I don't generate anything like that much so I reckon I could get away
with dumping it outside.

Besides which, I collect it up for the woodstove.

Mine gets chucked onto the compost heap, which happens to be right by
the shed anyway.

Thanks

--
Matt Helliwell