Posted to alt.home.repair
mrsgator88

Default Anyone care to comment on battery-powered lawn mowers?

"46erjoe" wrote in message
I've been looking to buy a replacement for my old dog, and I've seen
these. But I still wonder if the technology is still a bit early.

Battery technology is pretty good these days in general. I've even seen a
robotic electric lawn mover, kinda like a roomba. I had a corded mower, and
if you add a battery I think the weight will be "comparable" to a gas mower
but not self propelled.

Electrics (battery or corded) are only for smaller yards, that may be the
biggest consideration. My corded mower was great when I lived in town.
But, I now have a house centered on a 90 x 175 lot and the trees and bushes
really get in the way of the cord. I reluctantly ended up going gas.

Steve