Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Heat Pump

I am installing a new heatpump system, so I am getting quotes. I
currently have a conventional gas furnace with central air. My living
space is about 1700 sq ft in the NC area.

I have been quoted $9502 for a 3 ton 13 SEER Rheem heat pump with a
92.4 efficiency gas furnace backup.

I am also being quoted $8356 for a 3 ton 15.5 SEER York heatpump system
(YZE03611) with a matched variable speed blower(N1VSB12) and a matched
evap coil(G2FD04617).

My third quote was for $9622 for a 96% variable speed gas furnace, 14.5
seer air conditioning unit, plus coil, lifetime heat exchanger unit
replacement, lifetime compressor, 10 years parts and 10 years labor.

Please reply with any feed back on the various manufacturers, I was
only able to get one of the companies to actually perform a manual J.
That was the company that carried the York. They also carry Trane. I
want quality equipment with dependability. Please provide any feedback

Should I also get the Electronic filters and humidity control?

Sam