Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,rec.video.desktop,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair
Phil Weldon

Default Can one "overclock" a CRT monitor's video input bandwidth? Need slightly higher refresh rate than my existng CRT allows...

'Ken Moiarty' wrote, in part:
| For resolution 1280 x 1024 my CRT monitor maxes out @ 85 Hz vertical
| refresh rate.

My Viewsonic A95f ALSO maxes out at 85 Hz for 1280 X1024. BUT, it will do
1280 X 720 @ 120 Hz. I suggested you try that resolution and vertical
refresh rate with your Viewsonic A95 as a temporary workaround for 3D.

As for the effect of the high tension lines, without knowing what you see on
your screen, if what you see is a faint rolling bar, I'd have to guess that
it is not the magnetic field of the lines, but the interference induced in
your house AC feed, or even in the house wiring.

Phil Weldon