Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Default Shop A/C solutions...

That is correct--likely substantially more, depending depending. Water
vapor has substantially more mass than dry air, plus the heat of fusion,
ekc.

And the suggestion sprinklering the roof is good also--at least a tar flat
roof.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Dave Lyon" wrote in message

In your case, your current AC units are spending a fair amount of time
and energy ($$) pulling water OUT of the air.

Are you saying that the act of drawing the moisture out of the air uses
more
energy? I was under the assumption that dehumidifying the air was just a
nice byproduct of running your AC unit.

If I understand what you are saying, a room at 90 deg will be cooled
quicker
and easier by an AC unit if the humidity in that room is low than it would
if the humidity was high?