Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus12493

Default Shop A/C solutions...

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 08:56:01 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:
My shop is a 4000 square foot metal building with just a little insulation.

That's downright stupid, Dave. It costs -much more- to cool a poorly
insulated shop (year after year) than it does to insulate it properly,
a one-time cost. I'd almost guarantee that you pay more in electric
fees annually for that shop than you would for sheets of insulation.

I am tending to say that the most sensible solution with this metal
building would be to have this shed wide open and install some
powerful fans, 1/2 HP or so, and just blow air around to keep the body
cool.