Posted to uk.d-i-y
Skier

Default Loosening plastic waste water trap

Hi,
The water from my hand basin is draining really slowly. I think the
waste trap is clogged with hair. the trap is white plastic and slightly
"hidden" behind a tall, porcelain pedestal beneath the bowl.
I have tried to unscrew the trap using my hands but it is difficult
to get an effective grip - and the trap seems jammed tight. How can I
loosen the retaining nut on the water trap? The space beneath the bowl
and behind the pedestal is quite tight and I can only get one hand
round about one hald of the external surface of this plastic nut. Once
it has moved half a turn I am sure the trap will unscrew easily.
Thanks
Clive

What about trying to fill it with very hot but not boiling water?

Then if that works remember to flush with cold water before removing
completly