Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete C

Default OT-Lexmark with WindowsXP

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 21:48:45 GMT, "BillP" wrote:

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I've had that response from Lexmark
tech support, and tried it, unfortunately it didn't solve the problem.

If Lexmark tell me to "stand on one leg, stick my finger up my arse and
whistle God Save The Queen" I'd give it a go, but Googling and trying all
sorts of fixes leads me to believe that whatever I try, it can't be done. I
just want to know that I'm not chasing a myth and that there really is
someone, somewhere out there, who has actually has this set up working
properly.

Hi,

This might be worth a try:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax/browse_frm/thread/d1e986d1ba8c5082/93caceea66b2937e?lnk=st&q=ntprint.inf+%22bidirecti onal+support%22&rnum=1&hl=en#93caceea66b2937e

Look in C:\WINDOWS\inf\ntprint.inf for [MS_Z22-Z32_OEMUNI]

Underneath add:

LanguageMonitor=%PJL_MONITOR%

Hopefully the option should then become available, thought it might
need reinstalling the drivers.

Something else to try might be to run Total Uninstall while installing
the drivers, then using it after uninstalling the drivers to ensure
nothing gets left behind.

cheers,
Pete.