Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Phillips

Default Philips 28" telly repair

When you say it won't turn on, do you mean video, or no sign of life at all?

When you say turning it on and off has cured the problem, you mean the
colour drift?

R.

"Doki" wrote in message
My Dad's TV, a Philips 6315 (IIRC, 28" Widescreen), has packed up. I think
it's something to do with the degaussing circuit as the screen has
occasionally flashed up red when turning on, and the colours have drifted
whilst watching as if the deguasser isn't working properly. Turning the TV
on and off has sorted the problem, but now the TV won't turn on. The
problem is, we can't find anyone who'll repair a telly. Does anyone know
one round North Derbys / South Yorks / North Notts? Any ideas on whether
it'll be cheap or dear would be handy, as it could be new telly time if
shops charge a ridiculous amount to look the tv over.