Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doki

Default Philips 28" telly repair

My Dad's TV, a Philips 6315 (IIRC, 28" Widescreen), has packed up. I think
it's something to do with the degaussing circuit as the screen has
occasionally flashed up red when turning on, and the colours have drifted
whilst watching as if the deguasser isn't working properly. Turning the TV
on and off has sorted the problem, but now the TV won't turn on. The problem
is, we can't find anyone who'll repair a telly. Does anyone know one round
North Derbys / South Yorks / North Notts? Any ideas on whether it'll be
cheap or dear would be handy, as it could be new telly time if shops charge
a ridiculous amount to look the tv over.