Posted to alt.home.repair
Nospam

Default installing baseboard trim in a room

Cubby,
Thanks for the feedback . I will go with the Taunton book.

Regards,
Robert
"James "Cubby" Culbertson" wrote in message

"Nospam" wrote in message
Is there a good book (or website) such as "Trim Work for Dummies" that
gives instructions for replacing trip. I am looking for a little depth
such as what to do if the floor is not perfectly level, and how to square
door frames, etc.

Thanks,
Robert

I just finished trimming out 3 rooms at my home with base and shoe with no
book or lessons. I now have a much greater appreciation for those folks
that are true "Finish Carpenters"! Angles, how to measure, etc... all
drove me nuts for a while. I've build a lot of fine furniture and this
work was the more frustrating. The last room I've done looks pretty good
but there are still a few gaps that only I'll probably notice. I stained
the moulding so can't get away with "caulk and paint". Anyway, if there
is truly a good book out there, I'd be interested. Of course, I'm now
done with the trim work in the house but who knows. Taunton is well
respected and their Fine Woodworking magazine is still the best. I own a
few of their books and they are excellent as well. You probably won't go
wrong with the earlier suggestion recommending them.
Cheers,
cc