Posted to alt.home.repair
Walt

Default Anyone care to comment on battery-powered lawn mowers?

Have been using a cordless mower from Black Decker for 4 or 5 years
now. I have had few problems, you do have to replace the battery about
every 3rd year, (it will not hold a charge) cost about 125.00 to
replace. For the 125.00 the Black and Decker service place charges me,
they clean, adjust, etc.and give the machine back looking almost new.
I have a small lawn maybe 100 by 30 ft, usually will run long enough
on a single charge to complete the job, unless I let the grass get too
tall. I would recommend it for most people with a small yard, or are
willing to wait for the machine to recharge before completing the job.
One thing I dislike is the fact the mower is fairly heavy to push
around and you can not get a self-propelled model. I love never having
a problem starting, not dragging a cord around, and do not miss having
to buy and keep gas and oil laying around the house. I also use a
cordless line trimmer works very good, only draw back, kind of heavy
for my wife to use (: