Posted to alt.home.repair
Kathy

Default goodman a/c not cooling

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
Hey, I have an all goodman system, Gmnt100-4 furnace, u-49

coil, and a
clt48-1a compressor. This replace a heil heat only system.

Heat works
great but the a/c doesn't. I't will not cool down the house.

Nothing wrong with that combination....44K BTU output.

Certificate of ARI-Certified Performance
The following
Single Phase, Year-Round Air-Conditioner, Remote Air-Cooled

Condensing
Unit
Outdoor Unit Model Number: CLT48-1*
combined with
Indoor Unit Model Number: ARUF049-00*-1*
manufactured by: GOODMAN MANUFACTURING CO., LP.
under the Trade/Brand Name: Janitrol, GMC, Franklin, Goodman,

Amana,
EverStar, EverRest
has been rated in accordance with
ARI Standard 210/240-2005 for UNITARY AIR-CONDITIONING AND

AIR-SOURCE
HEAT PUMP EQUIPMENT
and is certified by the Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration

Institute to
meet
the following product performance ratings:
Cooling Capacity (Btuh): 44000
* Voluntarily revised, unless accompanied with a WAS in which

case the
change is involuntary.
SEER Rating (Cooling): 13.00
ARI Reference #: 517622
Today's Date: 04 / 20 /06

I would have matched a u-61 with that condenser for a higher seer
rating. The 49 might be just enough with the variable speed
blower but I would still go with the bigger coil with a 4 ton
condenser.