Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron

Default replacement glass for patio table

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Ron" wrote in message

It doesn't have to be tempered. Safer yes, but not required. If no
children are gonna be around it I wouldn't worry about it. 1/4" plate
glass lying flat inside a framed table is pretty hard to break. And if
safety is a concern, you could always have clear safety backing applied.

Outdoor it should be tempered. Forget kids, what about a tree limb or flying
debris? Ask any glass seller. That is still going to be a very expensive
piece of glass. A ball park for a 4' rectangle at a local place is $145.
Make it into a hex and the price would roughly double

Whatever......Get back to me when you have 26 yrs in the glass business.