Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default duplicating phone and ring voltage

On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 03:42:48 -0400, mm
wrote:

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 01:48:56 -0500, p wrote:

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:34:54 -0500, mm
wrote:

It is a fixed code. A friend of mine and I each bought one 21 years
ago, and the code was printed on the box, not on the bottom of the
unit that became more common. I wish it had been on the bottom; we
would still have it! This new one is from the wife of a friend, and
she stopped using it a couple years ago and has forgotten the code.

It's Code-a-Phone, model 2530 or similar model.

Found this in google for a Code-a-Phone model 2600.

"Not sure of the model number, but it sounds familiar. If it is the
little black one with gold trim and the digital outgoing message, then
the remote code is determinded by two things; a sticker on the bottom
with a single digit (ie '7') and a switch with two numbers. ('3' or
'9') The sticker determines the first digit, the switch selects the
second digit. This may be true for yours, look on the bottom for a
sticker with a single number; then look for the switch, it may be
hidden."

Thanks a lot, this could be very helpful. I don't have the machine in
front of me right now, but I will look for these things.

http://groups.google.ca/group/sci.electronics.repair/browse_frm/thread/53a6aaf7777ac05b/86ce2349e56f35b4?lnk=st&q=answering+machine+remote +control+code&rnum=4&hl=en#86ce2349e56f35b4

I just found an old ad for Code-a-phone answering machines. they were
made by the Conrac company. http://www.conrac.us/

They might be able to tell you what company took over that particular
division of the business.