Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default cutting tngsten carbide

I'm making a pendant out of Tungsten carbide - which I know is unusual
- but I make pendants out of unusual/exotic materials as a hobby.
I am used to working with tough materials - I make pendants from 6al4v
titanium through to tigers eye - but this T.C is proving troublesome.
The type of T.C is a brand called Cerbide (I'm using that because it
does not have cobalt in it) and it blunts my diamond wheel (a wet tile
saw) after a very small amount of cutting (1 mm on the 1/4 blank I'm
making my pendant from). I can get the diamond wheel 'back' by grinding
some other material like granite, which I presume is grinds back the
binder in the wheel to expose more diamods again.
Has anybody got a suggestion for a way to work this stuff? All I have
at my disposal are basic tools and very little money to purchase
anything else. Would those small silicon carbide wheels for dremmel
tools work it? As a last ditch method I may try scoring it with the
diamond wheel and breaking it to shape in a vise. Is there a better way
to keep the diamond wheel cutting?