Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
DoN. Nichols

Default What is it? CXI

According to R.H. :
A new set has been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking as usual:

642) Hmm ... an interesting one. It strikes me as being too likely
to chip for most uses, especially with that shape. But is it
possible that this is what is (or was) used for dispatching
cattle in the slaughterhouses?

643) Hod -- for a bricklayer to carry mortar in when laying bricks.

644) It appears to be holding a stack of paper. Could it be part of
a paper tray for a laser printer, or perhaps a home photocopier?

645) I've never seen one of these before. Is it possible that it is
(or was) the standard bottle for shipping and storing nitroglycerine?

646) Obviously to form the letter 'V' for some purpose.

Could it be for electro-etching letters into metals?

Could it be for making pinholes in stencils for such etching?

I think that I have seen etched markings in tools with such a
dotty pattern.

647) Perhaps for cutting off plant stems flush with the ground?

A good set of strange tools and objects this time around.

Now to see what others have guessed.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564