Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.

Default reversing AC motors?

LOTS of equipment out there with twisted belts. Also many with a twisted
idler and two belts when you only have a short distance. In that
situation you use a double sheave pulley and tip it 45 degrees to keep
crossover from occurring.

--
Steve W.

"Bernard Arnest" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
Regarding nuts loosening, I was considering just taking the belt off
one machine and transferring to the other, wouldn't take but a second,
so that it would only be running one at a time. But good point, I
forgot about that.

I didn't realize I could just twist the belt; wouldn't there be
friction where it crosses itself, and/or other premature wear? Or
maybe not? That would certainly be a straightforward solution.

thanks!
-Bernard Arnest