Posted to alt.home.repair

Default goodman a/c not cooling

Hey, I have an all goodman system, Gmnt100-4 furnace, u-49 coil, and a
clt48-1a compressor. This replace a heil heat only system. Heat works
great but the a/c doesn't. I't will not cool down the house. 2 techs
said the charge was good. 1 tech didn't know what was wrong, the other
says the u49 coil is too small for the clt48 (13seer) compressor. He
said even though there both 4 ton, the u49 was made for a 10seer
compressor. He want to replace the coil w/ a 5 ton. Are they not
compadible? Is this the right thing to do? I was wondering if the duct
work in the house was too small and I'd be better off with a 3.5 ton
compressor w/ the 4ton coil. Any Ideas? Running the a/c w/ the cover
off the furnace doesn't help, I guess that means it has enough returned

air. It doesn't freeze up. Thanks